Ibrox Stadium

50817 seats
Ibrox Stadium
Official Stadium Name Ibrox Stadium
Former Names Ibrox Park (1899–1997)
Alternative Names
Inauguration Date 30/12/1899
Opening Game Rangers 3-1 Hearts
Opening Game Date 30/12/1899
Attendance Record 118567
Record Match Rangers 2-1 Celtic
Record Date 02/01/1939
Renovations 1928, 1978-1981, 1990-1991
Design Archibald Leitch (1928)
The Miller Partnership (1978–1981)
Gareth Hutchison (1990–1991)
Owner Rangers FC
Tenants Rangers (1899-present)
Cinch Premiership
Pitch Dimension 105x68 meters

Location and Contacts

Continent Europe
City Glasgow
Address 150 Edmiston Dr, Glasgow G51 2XD
Coordinates 55° 51' 11.62" N - 4° 18' 33.17" W
Telephone +44 141 580 8500
Website https://www.rangers.co.uk/ibrox-tours/b6R1BbtsYCyB90bh6bLtt

In-Game Details

Category Real
Shadows Moderate
UT Quality Gold Common
Default Time 20:45
Camera Height 15
Camera Zoom 9
Customization Tifos
Stadium Themes
Home FIFA/FC Clubs Rangers
FIFA/FC Editions FC 24 | FC 25

In-Game Images

Real Images

In-Game Video

Real Video


premium bootstrap themes

Stadium History

Before Rangers moved to Ibrox in 1899, they played on a neighboring pitch for over a decade. Ownership issues led them to purchase the nearby plot, prompting a change in the club’s legal status and the sale of shares to raise funds for a new ground. Unfortunately, the initial wooden structure proved weak, resulting in a tragic incident in 1902, where 25 people lost their lives and 517 others were injured when the highest rows of terracing collapsed.

Renovations took place over the next 15 years, with a major revamp occurring in 1929, including the construction of a new main stand designed by Archibald Leitch. Ibrox Stadium remained relatively unchanged for decades, featuring an oval shape and terracing on artificial hills, forming a vast bowl that could accommodate an astonishing 139,940 fans.

However, a complete makeover was undertaken in the 1970s and 80s after a second tragedy in 1971, where a major crush at one of the staircases claimed 66 lives. The bowl structure was torn down, and three freestanding grandstands were built in its place, significantly reducing standing room and increasing seating capacity to around 44,000. Further modifications in the 1990s set the capacity just above 51,000, with the main grandstand accommodating over 21,000 seats.