Estadio Presidente Perón

46880 seats
Estadio Presidente Perón
Official Stadium Name Estadio Presidente Perón
Former Names
Alternative Names Estadio Presidente Juan Domingo Perón
El Cilindro
Inauguration Date 03/09/1950
Opening Game Racing Avellaneda 1-0 Velez Sarsfield
Opening Game Date 03/09/1950
Attendance Record 120000
Record Match Racing Avellaneda 2-1 Celtic
Record Date 04/11/1967
Renovations 1966, 1995-1997, 2002, 2004
Cost Racing Club
Owner Racing Avellaneda
Operator Racing Avellaneda
Tenants Racing Avellaneda (1950-present)
Primera División
Pitch Dimension 105x68 meters
Surface Grass

Location and Contacts

Continent South America
City Avellaneda
Address Diego A. Milito, B1870 Avellaneda, Provincia de Buenos Aires
Coordinates 34°40′0″S - 58°22′7″W
Telephone +54 4229 1350
Website Official Website

In-Game Details

Category Real
Shadows Moderate
UT Quality Gold Common
Default Time 19:45
Camera Height 7
Camera Zoom 9
Customization Tifos
Home FIFA/FC Clubs Racing Avellaneda
FIFA/FC Editions FC 24 | FC 25 | FIFA 20 | FIFA 21 | FIFA 22 | FIFA 23

In-Game Images

Real Images

In-Game Video

Real Video


google maps embed zoom

Stadium History

The goal was to build an exemplary 100,000-capacity stadium. Its double-tiered stands form an almost perfect circle, with parts cut out in the centre to make enough room for the field. To this day this shape, which earned it the “Cylinder” nickname, remains unique in the world of football. In 1966 an exhibition game against Bayern Munich inaugurated floodlight masts placed around the stadium, but as of today the western tower built back in 1950 remains the tallest part of the stadium with 60 meters.

Racing won several trophies at this ground, including the 1967 Copa Libertadores and Intercontinental Cup or the 1980 Supercopa Sudamericana. El Cilindro also hosted the opening and closing ceremonies of the 1951 Pan American games, just a year after the inauguration. Officially named after president Juan Domingo Perón, who contributed to its construction, the stadium went through major renovations in 1990s and early 2000s to meet modern standards. Between 1995 and 1997 it received a roof above the upper stands along with new floodlights. Later additional individual seats were installed and most fences removed.