With a history dating back to 1910, this stadium ranks among the oldest in Germany still in operation. Initially used by Stuttgarter Kickers and Altona 93, it became the home ground of Greuther Fürth in 1910 after the club purchased it for 60,000 marks.
Initially accommodating 8,000 spectators, it hosted its first game against Karlsruhe. In 1910, expansion efforts added a new wooden grandstand, including player dressing rooms. In 1919, further enhancements included widened embankments, allowing up to 25,000 attendees. Bombed in 1945, a new grandstand was erected in 1951, with minimal changes until 2016.
Financial constraints led to the ground’s sale in 1983 to the owner of Playmobil, which gained naming rights in 1997. Improvements followed, especially when the club advanced to the 2. Bundesliga. Additional changes, such as a covered south stand, occurred in 2012, coinciding with the club’s first-ever Bundesliga promotion. Between 2016 and 2018, a new grandstand replaced the 1951 structure.